Trentino PRN608 Interface PCB
A mechanism and interface combination would typically be selected for integration into oem equipment demanding; compact, low cost, low power, printer output. The use of such components inevitably demands more design and development than an external or even panel mounted printer but it becomes cost effective for larger volume production runs or where corporate branding or identity is paramount to the aesthetics of the final product.
Thermal printers would be selected over their impact dot matrix equivalents where faster speed, higher resolution, greater reliability, lower cost and quiet operation is demanded.
The PRN608 is similar to the MLX-608 interface for use with the Fujitsu FTP628 (60mm wide paper) and FTP638 (80mm wide paper) series of direct thermal miniprinter mechanisms. It differs by being a lower cost board offering fewer features.
Features & Benefits
- Supports Fujitsu FTP-628 & FTP-638
- Lowest cost - for budget developments
- Full RS-232C Communication - compatible with most systems
- Data transfer rate to 115,200 baud - ultra fast serial comms despite low cost
- Print speed & quality adjustable to save power - allow compromise on print speed to reduce power requirement
- Connections for status LED and paper feed push button - for enhanced user feedback & control
|Mechanisms Supported||Fujitsu FTP-628MCL101, FTP-628MCL103||Fujitsu FTP-638MCL101, FTP638MCL103|
|Printer Type||Direct Thermal, Easy Load|
|Characters per line||24, 30, 42cpl (selectable)||32, 48, 64 cpl (selectable)|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||65 x 35 x 10mm|
|Interface||Serial RS-232C (115200 baud)|
|Command Set||Trentino Systems|
|Operating Voltage||4.5 to 8.5 V DC (+/- 10%)|
|Power Consumption||Standby 100mA, Max limit programmable|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 70 °C - 10~90%RH|
|EMC & ESD||EN50081-1-1, EN50081-1-2, EN50082-1-1, EN50082-1-2, EN50083-1-3, IEC601-1-2|